We would recommend flat or medium thick heeled shoes with leather soles for most of our dance venues with wooden floor. Avoid spiky killer heels, sandals, slippers, even sports shoes with gripping rubber soles.
Some specific Swing Dance shoes brands we love:
- Applejacks (from Vienna)
- August Three (from Bangkok)
- Remix Vintage (from Los Angeles)
- Saf.shoes (from Vancouver)
- SaintSavoy (from Vienna)
- Slide and Swing (from Barcelona)
- Swing Beauty (from Guangzhou)
- Swivells (from Paris)
All of above shoes can be yours via online shopping and shipping.
If you are not ready to buy specific Swing dance vintage styled shoes, Keds sneaker brand with the iconic white Keds Champion model is one of the most popular choices for dancers worldwide in training, social dances and dance competitions. You can suede / chrome your Keds to give them the leather smooth soles for wooden floors, or not, to add some grip. Here's a tutorial on how to chrome your shoes by The Lindy Project.
Or come to Sửa Giày Chương at 92 Lê Thánh Tôn, D.1 for professional help or any shoes repair needs!
For those of you in (or traveling to) Vietnam, we have found a few options for you to explore:
- Dominique Saint Paul (bespoke local ready made and custom made leather, for men and women)
- Fugashin Saigon (bespoke local ready made and custom made leather, for men and women)
- KEDS stores in Saigon
- Ananas (Vietnamese vintage styled sneakers , available in canvas and suede leathers with Converse-like soles, for boys and girls)
- MỘT (Vietnamese minimalist designed sneaker brand since 2018 that are available in canvas and leather with slide-able rubber soles, unisex)
- Gosto by Biti's (Vietnamese leather sneakers for women with slide-able rubber soles)
- 2 to 3-day trip to Hoi An (DAD airport) for custom leather shoes (tips) and vintage clothing